Saturday, February 28, 2015
The Duluth XC Ski Club invites skiers of all ages and skill levels to visit their favorite trails and explore new ones. Ski 5k or 75k! Bring your family & friends, meet other skiers along the way, then join us at Hartley Nature Center at 5:30pm for a post-skiing celebration (beer, food, and socializing). DXC board members will give a brief “year in review” presentation after dinner.
- There is no fee to participate in Tour Duluth (skiers age 16+ must have a MN Ski Pass for City of Duluth ski trails; click here for ski pass requirements on other local ski trails).
- Snacks will be provided at Spirit Mountain and Lester-Amity trails courtesy of SuperOne
- The dinner at Hartley is free for DXC members and $8 for guests ($5 for guests ages 5-12).
- The Riverside Bog Stompers will play some pre-dinner music for us once again!
- Dinner will be lasagne and salad, catered by the Duluth Grill.
- Beer is provided by the Fitger’s Brewhouse.
Click here to register for the post-skiing celebration at Hartley.
Suggested start times are listed below—feel free to join the Tour whenever you like! Skiers who live outside Duluth may want to start their day on their favorite “backyard” trail (Superior, Jay Cooke, Pine Valley, Boulder, Korkki).
Trails & suggested start times (click here for maps & directions to trailheads)
- 8:00am Magney-Snively (8k-14k classic & skate)
- 9:30am Spirit Mt. Nordic Center (1k-20k classic & skate) – The Nordic Chalet will be open starting at 9:00am and snacks will be provided
- 11:30am Piedmont (1k skate, 1k-4k classic)
- 12:30pm Snowflake Nordic Center (1k-12k classic & skate)
- 2:00pm Lester (3k-11k classic & skate, plus 3k skijoring loop) – The Lester-Amity Chalet will be open starting at 11:00am and snacks will be provided
- 4:00pm Bagley (1k-3k classic only) or Chester Bowl (3k advanced sk/cl)
- 4:45pm Hartley (1k-5k classic only)
- 5:30-7:00pm Dinner & program at Hartley Nature Center. Click here to register for the dinner.
Check back on this page for additional updates and details this great event!